1. Where and when will the BCCS’ The Amazing Walk event be held?
It will start and end at St. Andrew’s Junior College on November 6th, 2018.
2. What time will the walk start?
Goodie bag collection starts from 6.30am; flag off is at 8:00am.
3. How long is the walk route?
The walk is approximately 5km.
4. When can I register?
Registration dates are from August 19th to September 23rd (both dates include
5. How and where can I register?
- *HOPE Centre, 81 MacPherson Lane, #01-29, Singapore 360081
- You may register online at www.bccs.org.sg or register personally at these designated counters* below between August 19th - September 23rd:
Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 6:00pm; Saturday, 9:00am – 1:00pm
- Bartley Christian Church (Level 1), 4 How Sun Drive Singapore 538526
Sunday, 10:00am - 11:00am; 12:30pm – 1:15pm
6. How much is the registration fee?
$20 per participant for adult and $10 for student.
7. Is there a minimum age to participate in this walk?
No minimum age. Participants below 13 years old can register for free but parental consent form is required upon registration.
(For free registrations, no registration kit & goodie bag item will be given)
8. Will my child receive the registration kit & goodie bag if I register her?
Yes, you may register your child under Student fee of $10 to receive the registration kit & goodie bag.
9. How do I know if my registration is successful?
You will receive a confirmation email upon your successful registration.
10. Do I need to form a team to participate?
Yes, participants will be grouped into teams of 10 persons. You may choose to form your own team. Please refer to questions 11-14 on team forming.
11. Why do we have to form teams?
We are adding an element of “fun” into the walk. It will involve having the participants engaged in some team games along the route.
12. How do I form a team?
We will put up blank forms on a board at Bartley Christian Church, (Level 1) 4 How Sun Drive Singapore 538526 (Sunday, 10:00am - 11:00am; 12:30pm – 1:15pm). Registered participants can fill in their names to form a team of their choice. Instructions will be available to guide this process.
For those who register at HOPE Centre, you may similarly indicate your team choice at the time of registration.
13. Can I team up with my friends?
Yes, you are encouraged to do that. Please gather your friends or CG together to register and fill in the team list early.
14. What if I don’t have enough participants to form a team?
Don’t worry, we will help you form one after your registration.
15. When is the closing date for registration?
September 23rd, 2018.
16. What will I receive as a registered participant?
i. Registration kit- Registered participants may collect their Registration kit at the designated counters*.
ii. Goodie bag- to be collected on the day of ‘The Amazing Walk’ on Nov 6th itself from 6.30am - 7.30am.
17. Is there a winning prize if I finished the walk?
- All finishers will be given a Finisher’s treat.
- Finisher Prizes will be given to the top 8 teams, based on performance in the games.
18. Do I get a refund if I have registered but unable to participate on the event day?
We regret that registration fees are non-refundable. All fees collected would be channelled to the BCCS donation fund.
19. Will the event proceed in the event of rain?
In the event of adverse weather that renders the walk unsafe, the event will be cancelled without refund. Participants will be advised should the event be cancelled.
20. What should I do if it rains during the walk?
Please approach the nearest Route Marshal for instruction.
21. How do I get to the Event Venue?
- Toa Payoh Bus Interchange: Bus 142, alight at 10th stop, Blk 120 (Bus Stop code: 61101)
- Potong Pasir MRT Station Exit C (Bus Stop Code: 60261): Bus 142, alight at 4th stop, Blk 120 (Bus Stop code: 61101)
22. How do I contact the organizers?
Email us at email@example.com for any enquiries.
23. Is there any bag deposit service?
No. Participants are advised to keep their valuables with them at all times.
24. What should I do if I am suddenly unwell?
Please inform the nearest Route Marshal who will contact the medical team on standby.
25. What time will the walk end?
The walk itself is expected to end at 10.00am.
26. What happen if a team is unable to complete the challenges during the walk by 10am?
The team will be directed by the Route Marshal to head back to St. Andrew’s Junior College.
27. At what time will the entire event end?
It will end by 11.00am.
Donation Cards FAQs
1. When should I return my donation card and the collected funds?
Please return your donation card from October 7th to 28th at these designated counters*:
- *HOPE Centre, 81 MacPherson Lane, #01-29, Singapore 360081 Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 6:00pm Saturday, 9:00am – 1:00pm
- *Bartley Christian Church, (Level 1) 4 How Sun Drive Singapore 538526 Sunday, 10:00am - 11:00am; 12:30pm – 1:15pm
2. Can I hand in my donation card and the collected funds before October 7th?
Yes. Participants may return their donation cards with the collected funds before October 7th, at these designated counters*:
- *HOPE Centre, 81 MacPherson Lane, #01-29, Singapore 360081 Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday, 9:00am – 1:00pm
- *Bartley Christian Church (Level 1), 4 How Sun Drive, Singapore 538526 Sunday, 10:00am - 11:00am; 12:30pm – 1:15pm
3. What if I have filled up my donation card completely and would like to collect more funds?You may collect additional donation cards (upon request only^) at these designated counters*:
- *HOPE Centre, 81 MacPherson Lane, #01-29, Singapore 360081 (September 2nd - 30th) Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday, 9:00am – 1:00pm
- *Bartley Christian Church (Level 1), 4 How Sun Drive, Singapore 538526 (September 2nd -30th) Sunday, 10:00am - 11:00am; 12:30pm – 1:15pm
You may request for additional donation card at the designated counters or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. What if I lost or misplaced my donation card?
You would need to make a police report or a declaration for every donation card lost; each card bears a unique ID assigned only to your name at registration.